May 15, 2012

Movie Still Color Study

Robert Richardson has such a beautiful cinematography sense. Also Hugo was a really pretty movie! I've been watching a ton of Martin Scorsese movies and man he makes his stories very interesting. I'd like to study more in depth about how he directs and what choices these two people make when it comes to making a film, but all I know is so far I'm a pretty big fan of their films. But anyways, guh need to do more color studies. I learned a lot from doing this one and note to myself that next time spend a little less time sketching and try applying straight color and see what happens! 

2 comments:

  1. I think the sketching was a good idea! The key to great paintings is great drawings, after all. Great job, I love, LOVE how you captured the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good movie and beautiful study!

    ReplyDelete